Breast indentation

Hi all I am looking for some advice and guidance. I've recently noticed an indentation on the underside of my left breast when I lift my arms up.  I went to GP yesterday who stated she could feel what she suspected to be fibrocystic changes behind where the indentation is ( I had a previous biopsy on same breast with fibrocystic findings 12 years prior) I have just noticed this indentation tho couldn't say if it's been there a while. I also have stretch marks and have recently lost some weight so wonder if that could be a factor. I have bad anxiety around this. I've to go back to gp in 3 weeks and if no changes I will be referred to the breast clinic. Wouid be grateful if experiences/ input. Im 42.I'm so worried  

• Hello Alster, 

You've totally done the right thing in going to the GP about this and now it's just a matter of waiting. Do go back to the GP as you have been advised if it's all still there in 3 weeks. 

I know it is really hard but try not to worry too much or anticipate what it might be. The best thing to do to avoid thinking too much about this is to keep busy and distracted if you can and avoid looking things up online. I can imagine it is hard for you to do this at the moment but it will help you feel a little less anxious. There is also some useful information on this page on how to cope while waiting for news which will give you some tips on how to cope if you have to wait to find out more about this.

I hope you will also hear from others here who have been through all this before and that they will be along soon to share their story with you. 

Keeping everything crossed for you that everything turns out fine. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi, 

I hope that you don't mind me jumping on this post, I'm in a similar situation whereby I have fibrocystic breasts. Last year I had a line of cysts under my breast and within the last 2 months they have gone but there is a very slight indent in one breast in the same place when I lift my arms up. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow and have (possibly stupidly) been looking online for guidance but can't find much as similar to mine as this. 

I hope that you got news quickly with your own experience. Any advice would be much appreciated if you have some. 

Thanks ️