Breast cancer symptoms?

Hello,

I have had pain in my right breast for a month or so this is now associated with pain and large swelling in my right armpit. I can feel a small lump in my breast but unsure if it's a normal lump or not. I get a tingling pain through my nipple and constant achey/burning pain in my breast. I have called the gp but they can't offer me an appointment for atleast 3 weeks. I am so worried and just wanted them to check and re assure me in some way. Could anyone tell me if these are symptoms of breast cancer or could they be something else.

Thankyou

• I would ring the  gp surgery again and ask for a telephone appointment this week. That sounds uncomfortable and you would like the peace of mind. Routine appointments seem to be taking 3 weeks now. Our surgery will ring you back on the day if problems are urgent l was seen the same day even in the height of lockdown. 

• Hello and thanks for your post

I’m sorry you are experiencing the breast symptoms you mention and can understand your need to find out more.

Easier said than done but try not to over think things for now if you can. Most breast changes or symptoms are harmless and can have  straightforward explanations. You can read about benign breast conditions here and breast pain here.

Because of the current pandemic, it’s more common to be offered a telephone appointment initially with your doctor. After the consultation, if they feel they need to see you, they can offer you a face to face appointment or they may refer you to the breast clinic for further assessment.

Waiting when you are worried is very stressful but the majority of people who are referred to the breast clinic are found not to have breast cancer. The organisation Breast Cancer Now has information on what to expect when you’ve been referred to a breast clinic and you can read this information at this link.

I hope you know more about your situation soon.

Kind regards,

Celene

• Ask for an emergency appointment 3 weeks waiting is not good enough for something like this.  I rang my dr and she'd phoned me back within an hour and I was seen next day 830 in the morning.  X

• I have asked for an emergency telephone appointment but was told its not urgent enough and I would have to wait for my appointment given. It probably is nothing but with all symptoms I have, I think I've just scared myself abit too much.