Breast cancer high risk patient screening under 40 yrs old

Hi,

Bc of a swollen lymph nod I asked my GP for a breast check 4 weeks ago and they found a grade 2 lump unrelated to the swollen lymph nod (waiting for the biopsy results). 

Being high risk due to my family history I would like to know if it is possible to get tomosynthesis on the NHS and if any hospital breast clinic is equipped with it?

They did the biopsy based on the ultrasound results. 

• Hello Magnesl

I'm sorry to hear that you've recently attended breast clinic and needed a biopsy on a lump. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the results. 
    Tomosynthesis is an advanced form of mammography that produces 3D images using a low-dose x-ray system. There is some information available about it's use on the UK governement website here which may help answers part of your question. With regards to where it may be available I would suggest speaking to the breast clinic in the first instance as they will be able to tell you if it is available at your local hospital or where else you may be able to follow this up. 

If you'd like to talk things through with one of our nurses then you're welcome to call them on 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. 

Do let us know how you get on once your results are back. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn

Cancer Chat moderator