Breast cancer

Just been told have breast cancer and have breast removed on 30th of august shocked to say the least  

• Awww Jude so sorry to hear that.... it’s lovely you’ve come on here,I’m only 2 weeks on here since my breast cancer but everyone is lovely and so supportive of each other!! 

I know it’s rubbish to have to come on here but it’s great for support in every which way...

i had a lumpectomy 2 weeks ago and am now waiting to see Consultant to find out what’s next..... 

Its daunting and scary but there are loads of great people who will offer support to everyone and you’ll find people who’ve had exactly the same as you....

much love Jackie xx

• Hi ya ...

Your not alone ... I'm sure your far more then shocked... it rocks our world , hearing that cancer diagnosis...  I didn't hear a word the surgeon said after ... was so glad my daughter in law was with me, writting it all down .. 

I had a masectomy in July 2017 .. no reconstruction... as I had a grade 3 ... but looking back the scariest time is where you are right now ... it was like being put on the scariest rollercoaster ride and not knowing how or when I'd get off ... but you know theres lots of us on there with you ... and treatments come a long way ...

There's lots of breast lasses that have come on sinse I've been here .. you'll get lots of support ... you can ask anything and someone will know... you don't have to be BRAVE here .. you can cuss / vent / or just chat ... 

When you get your head around it .. get a pair of pink vertual boxing gloves and get in this cancer boxing ring .. look it in the eye ... and well all kick cancers butt together ... I was surprised how little pain after the masectomy there was ... just needed a couple of paracetamol... a couple of lasses on here were home the same day, feet up watching t.v .. with a nice cup of hot chocolate... any questions... just ask .

So welcome to the club, we all wish we didn't have to join but glad we did .. chrissie x

• Thank you so much it is scary and a lot to deal with am glad I comw on hear as ready peoplws post let me knoq am not thw only one I hope all giea well with you 

Judy 

• Hi Judy,

Yes it’s scary,am still going through all the emotions even though I’ve had my operation but together on here we will all support each other all the time!!! 

Hugs Jackie x

• Hi Jude ....I'm replying to say all is not bad ..

I was diagnosed only 8 weeks ago..today I was given the all clear ( just tablets - no more treatment ) I'm in shock - but in a good way - yes - I had mastectomy ..... but still feel lucky 

good luck ......

• WOW what brilliant news so chuffed and pleased for you!!! 

You must be so very happy!!! 

A massive well done brave lady xxx

• Thanks Jackie !

I don't feel brave .. Just SO lucky ...I'm finding it really hard to be honest

Almost like the last 2 months never happened ! ( although I'm minus a breast )!!

Strange!

Hope all goes well for you - stay positive  - i did  x

• I’m off to see Consultant on Wednesday,2 weeks ago had a lumpectomy with 2/3 lymph nodes removed which were clear!! So to find out what’s next,think Radiotherapy that I’m petrified of being on a high bed in a room on my own with awful machine.... I panicked having the CT scan... so not sure how I’m going to cope.... 

Thrilled no treatment for you just the tablets and I hope they are ok ? I’ve got to have Letrazole after for 5-10 years!! 

Much love and hugs xxx

• Back to Judy - only 10 days from diagnosis to surgery ....fab! 

I was shocked - no option just mastectomy - and no reconstruction yet.... I waited 5 weeks - only as I wanted the consultant/surgeon who told me bad news to do it  .. He was fully booked till then .  But hey ....all good !

Jackie

I know everyone is different - my sister has had BC twice and had radiotherapy - the worst was travel to hospital ( took ages ) !  She was in room for treatment literally 5 mins ...if that.....

x

• Hi Lucky,

Thank you for your words of encouragement,at the moment so scared that even a few minutes seems too long....staying still,up in the air,big machine buzzing around me and being in there alone.... what a wooz I am.... 

Thank you for your help 

Jackie xx