Breast cancer

Can anyone help, I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer last year had a lumpectmy and radiotherapy for 4 weeks and everything seemed fine, but the last 4 weeks I can't sleep I get woken by pain in my ribs and side and my breast feels heavy and painful is it normal? 

• Hi there ...

Probly nothing to worry about but always get things checked .it's normal to feel overly worried about anything that's out of the norm .....but fingers crossed ... Chrissie ....

• Hi rusty, I had a lumpectomy in September 2012 followed by chemo, radiotherapy, herceptin & letrozole. I too even now get soreness, pain in my ribs & a breast that doesn't feel quite right. I've been checked out a number of times thoroughly & been told that even after all this time it's probably the radiotherapy. I have had all the side effects from letrozole can't remember the last time I had a full night sleep & the bone joint pain has made me miserable. Last week I started coming off letrozole after 6 years alternate days (was also taking clonidine for hot sweats & stopped that immediately) decided yesterday just to stop the letrozole too as I don't think I could add to any more side effects if I just stopped it. I'm 3 days without it very early days I know and I'm hopeful. I put up with all the side effect to give myself a better chance of a longer healthier life. (I have a young grandson now & thought it was time so he would think of granny happily without that old crippled image as I was)

Within the last 2 months I have discovered hatha yoga & meditation. It's time I take for me & helps me switch off & is something I find I can do.

No one knows how long we have on this earth my mum lived to 102 seeing 2 of her daughters with breast cancer. She had a very good life & was always active.

I hope you manage to find your peaceful place it takes a long time to stop thinking of yourself as someone who's had cancer & I think it's always in the back of your mind.

I wish you a time when you reach beyond this place & start to appreciate the mornings no matter what time you wake up, the wind as it blows across your skin, rain that comes & goes & the fresh smell it leaves behind. Sunshine always makes you feel better find a spot that's warm & shaded & just close your eyes & feel.