Breast Cancer

I just found out that i have breast cancer and i am going to have surgery in a week, it is grade 2 and i am very worried as i have a 7 year old son, at present i am trying to be positive and hope for the best but it is a challenge.

• Hi there ...

So sorry you've had to join our breast friends club ... l know right now you are probly feeling overwhelmed and scared ... l know , I've been there ... in 2017 l was diagnosed with a grade 3 her 2 neg oestrogen positive breast lump .. thought that was me, done and thought all the "what ifs" everyone goes through .. 

I had a total right masectomy in July that year ... preying I'd see the school summer holidays off with my granddaughter pictured ... even made plans for after I was gone .. then I came on here and a wonderfull lady , jolomine talked to me, like I am you now .. she gave me the strength to get through my op .. and after was always there when I needed her .. 

I've been on here about 20 months now ... and looking back, think the scariest time was where you are now ... the unknown and a big question mark hanging over me .. well since I came on others followed and one lass started a thread about her journey .. called "the good and bad " one by one others joined in .. some moved on .. not all but mostly breast lasses .. 

Well we've not lost any yet .. they talk about all sorts .. highs and lows .. but always holding each other up .. there's a fare few giggles along the way too .. they welcome all newbees. . You can ask them anything ..  they will wrap their arms around you .. get you through this scary part .. then later you can help others that are just diagnosed .. and here I am.. 20 months and going strong ..

Cancer wants us to lay down and stay there. . And give up ... but it's not about just being brave ... it's about being scared witless but getting yourself a pair of vertual boxing gloves ... get in the ring ready to kick it's *** ... wer all there with you .. breast cancers come a long way .. and together wer stronger ..

Sending you a big vertual hug ... Chrissie