Breast cancer

Ive been diagnosed with breast cancer. I waa sent for an mri and results showed somerhing on my spine and sternum. The team at hospital cant be sure what it is so now sending me for a ct scan. This is happening in 4 days and im terrified of the results :(

• Hello smiler110,

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully other members who are in a similar position will come along shortly to share their experiences with you and give advice.

Also, if you think speaking to someone medically trained might help, our cancer nurses are a phone call away on this number: 0808 800 4040 and their line is open Monday - Friday, between 9 a.m - 5 p.m.

Once you know more come back and give us an update, smiler110. We're thinking of you.

With best wishes,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator

•  

Hi Smiler,

I am so sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis. It sounds as if you are having the CT scan to determine the extent of spread to sternum and spine. Waiting for the CT and then the results of the scan is always a scary time.

I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer and a few scares and have gone through this process a few times, so I know just how worrying it can be.

Try your best to distract yourself from the wait by keeping yourself occupied over the next few days and do your best to avois consulting Dr Google.

Do please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

I shall be thinking of you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx