Breast cancer 2 week referral

Hi all

New to this and think I'm here just to calm my nerves at moment. For a few months I've been getting very painful lumps in armpit. Went to docs tail end of week before last and got 1 week antibiotics. Helped but within 48 hours of finishing them it came back with a vengeance. So painful and hot. Just been back to docs and got a 2 week course prescription and she said it is likely cellulitis as my inner upper arm is turning in to a red rash . Did a breast exam because the lymph node is so swollen and found areas of "hard thickened tissue" and booked me in with breast clinic for next Thursday. The referral panicked me as I walked out with the wording of "2ww breast cancer suspected". My mum had breast cancer 10 years ago and I wasn't expecting to come away with a letter with the C word written on it. I have no idea what to expect at appointment and can't decide whether to mention anything to the husband as he is a real worrier. The appointment is also the day before we go on holiday for a week so I don't want to spoil that much needed break away for him. I have friends I can discuss things with if I need to I just can't make up my mind on telling him lol