Breast cancer

Hi all - not sure what to say at the present time but wanted to introduce myself.  I think this forum looks brilliant for those of us who want to chat to others in similar situations.  I live alone, and although I have grown up children, I do not want to burden them with my thoughts and therefore have no-one at hand to "vent" to now and again!

• Hi Lesley, welcome to the club none of us wanted to join!

• Hi Lesley 

just dropping by t say welcome from another breast cancer lass. 

Here is u need t talk or vent me dear.

take care x

• Sorry post didn’t load then did x2 so deleted this as duplicate x

•  

Hi Lesley,

A very warm welcome to Cancer Chat.

This forum is a very helpful place when you do not want to worry family members with some of your concerns. You can speak to other members who are undergoing the same treatment as you for the same type of cancer. This helps to remove that dreaded ‘fear of the unknown’.

Can you share a little more of your cancer journey so far? I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer. The first was 8 years ago and the second 7. I initially had a lumpectomy followed by Tamoxifen .  Second time around, I had a double mastectomy followed by Letrozole for 6 years.

Have you told your children that you have had this diagnosis? I can understand not wanting to upset them in detailed discussions, but usually find it so much better for all the family to know what is going on.

We are always here for you whenever you want to talk, get information, support or just want to vent. We’ve all been there before, so nothing phases us.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx