Breast cancer

Hi Everyone I'm Lyn just had Mastectomy 5days ago left breast.. Scared no stage yet.

• Hi Lyn, and welcome to our little chat room ... well you'll find quite a few of us (breast buddies) on here, all at different stages, and different treatments ... they are a great bunch, and I'm sure a few of them will pop on here at some point ...

I'm 7 months post mastectomy ... had a total right breast op ... I'm a grade 3 her 2 lady ... I found the actual operation was a lot less painfull then l expected ... just ache under armpit where they took lymph node ... take care of your arm if you had lymph removal too ... gradually gets better over a few weeks ..

So whatever you want to ask... or anything with feelings, this is a good place to do it, coz we've been there, and gone through those feelings too ... hopefully you can tell us a little more, so we can share thoughts .. we all have up and down days, but on the whole we hold each other up, when down, and high 5 when there's good news ... so sending you a virtual caring hug ... Chrissie x

• Thanks a lot Chrissie,

By the way I am from the Philippines its nice to meet you.,I don't know yet what stage I have I'm Praying things will turn good,still I feel scared.

• Hi there ... you sure are a fare bit away , but wer in the same club .. and it is scary... it effects even the bravest of souls ... so hold on ... you don't know how strong you are, until we face this cancer rollercoaster. . All the best ... Chrissie x

• You're definitely right Chrissie x. I'm not sure far advance the Philippines when it comes to treating cancer,so far I'm doing research on the internet about food that might help strengthen my immune system and to slow down cancer growth though non of those is proven. If you have some advice food to avoid and things to avoid pls do share it with me.

Thanks Chrissie x lots of Hugs

• Hi again ... your doing the right thing by getting all the info you can ... there are a lot of things that are rumoured to help ... and l do take termaric mixed with black pepper and coconut oil, l just use them in my food  ... it's NOT a cure, just part of healthier food plan ... but might help in some way , and none of those things will do any harm ... but they are not tried and I'm not advising any one to try them ... it's just something l herd ... time will tell maybe ...

BUT it's always good to eat a healthy diet, with as much fresh fruit and veg as possible ... good luck on your journey ... always here if you want a chat ... Chrissie x

• Hi Chrissie x,

How are you doing? Big Regards hope everything is good. I just want to know how is your  Chemo if your already having it. Been watching some blogs .

Big hugs..