Breast cancer

Hi everyone,I saw my sergeon yesterday he filled me in on what's going to be happening! 6 sessions of chemo over 18weeks,Then lumpectomy and lymph node removal,Then Radiotherapy,then a year of injections 1 a month followed by 10years on tablets? This sound normal? I have Invasive ductal carcinoma breast cancer 3cm lump in right breast! Breast nurse said Stage 1 Grade 3 ( aggressive)  I'm also worrying now that it could of spread knowing my underarm lymph node is affected,surely they should be giving me more tests or scans to see? All I'm having now before I see oncologist is Heart scan as I'm HER2 positive and a clip inserted to my breast as I'm having chemo before surgery ( so lump might shrink ) I can't contact anyone as breast nurses arnt available till Monday! I'm so scared overthinking again...has anyone else had a node affected and not had scans and it's not spread? Surely they must no by results?? Help please!!!! Sorry to keep posting and asking questions                              Sam xx

• Hi Sam ... sorry I can't give advice but like you I have breast cancer ... I'm grade 3 but lymph node was clear ... but just got letter today as they want to test for pancreatic cancer and like you I have to wait till app on Thursday ... unfortunately this journey of ours is so often a waiting game ... I think it's the hardest part but something we have to get used to ️ 

So wer not alone as so many others are in the same boat ... have any questions you want answered ready so you don't forget any thing ... I'm 8 weeks post mastectomy and it wasn't half as bad as I'd imagined... and I had very little pain too ... I'll be thinking of you so big hug ... keep busy as poss ... its only one more day ... regards Chrisie X

• Hello Chrisie

I hope you dont mind me asking but i too have recently had breast cancer.

Why are you being tested for pancreatic cancer?Have you had other symptoms?

I have started to get night sweats again and have a very swollen stomach?

Glitters x

• Hi there. ... I had a few urine infections befor an after op ... so drs did scan at serger ... they scan bladder liver pancreas etc ... so something was picked up there I think ... just when I was getting more positive too ... but that's the journey 'rollercoaster' wer on ... 

fingers crossed for you on Monday ... try to keep busy today ... regards Chrisie X