Breast cancer

Hello everyone, I was diagnosed with her 2 positive breast cancer back in March 2017.I have completed pre-surgery chemotherapy  (6 rounds).I also just recently had a partial mastectomy and 2 lymph nodes removed.My pathology showed a complete response to chemotherapy no cancer found.I'm hoping I could connect with others in similar situations and also with others that have a fear of recurrence as I do.Thanks hope to hear from you.

•  

Hello Dixiechopper,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. You will find this a great place to connect with others in a similar situation.

I am sorry to hear about  your diagnosis of breast cancer. Your reaction to chemo sounds really encouraging. I have had two bouts of primary breast cancer, the first diagnosed 7 years ago, and the second a year later. The first time I had a lumpectomy followed by Tamoxifen. The second I had a double mastectomy followed by Letrozole. I didn't have radiotherapy or chemo, but, having had another cancer, I am only too aware that it can come back. I am now waiting for further tests.

I think that there is always a posibility of recurrence or spread and that this is something that all cancer pilgrims have to live with.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are coping with your cancer journey. There is always someone here whenever you feel like talking.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Thanks Jolamine for your honest response.I hope that any further test you have reveal good news.

• Hello

I was diagnosed in February this year.

I had a mastectomy and two nodes removed on 1st March and my other breast removed on 12th July.

I am terrified i will have a recurrence but am doing my best to remain strong and positive!!

Xx Glitters

•  

Hi Glitters,

Were the two lymph nodes that were removed affected, or were they clear and, why did you have the second mastectomy?

I think that the possibility of a recurrence is a fear that most cancer pilgrims suffer from. Instead of letting this eat away at you, why not live each day as it comes? Try to be as positive as possible. To me, each day that I wake up is a bonus.

Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going. There is always someone here if you feel like talking.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx