Breast Cancer

Well tomorrow I will be seeing the doc as nurse has found lump in breast any advice please :)

• Hi there ..

Firstly breath,  as 8.5 out of ten lumps are benign... so please don't panic ... my first four call backs from mamorgrams over the years were fine... the last one was a grade 3 breast cancer... but that was over two years ago .. still here.. still standing ( well I do exaggerate the standing bit) still sitting is more apt ..

If you go to breast clinic for tests .. don't worry, we always have those tests on lumps .. that's normal .. you may have a mamograme then a scan ... and maybe if they see anything benign or not, they like to take a biopsy.. which is like a sharp pinch... not nice but over in a flash... you may be given result on the day, or may have to wait to see the oncologist... 

The one thing I was really pleased I did was having my daughter in law there to hold my hand .. after we went for a Costa and a natter ...  but sharing all those appointments with someone is a real bonus as they remember things we miss .. and they can give you a high 5 for good news or a hand to hold if not ..

Let us knowhow you go ... I've got a tee shirt that says cancer touched my boobs so I kicked it's ***... so even a not so good diagnosis isn't always as bad as we thought ...

Chrissie x 

• Hi, 

I'm currently waiting for my biopsy results; I get these on Friday this week. the biopsy was taken a week ago following a couple of weeks of antibiotics that have not shifted a red lump/bite like mark and inflammation on my right breast. 

Had a mammogram and ultrasound and they have confirmed the size of the mark and also confirmed inflammation. then wham they said had to have a biopsy and this was done within minutes of the ultrasound. 

Due to the inflammation in the tissue I’m really struggling to get comfy at night :-(. doing my best to stay positive but finding it more and more difficult. 

I already suffer from an autoimmune condition that only effects 1% of the UK, now I’m scared I have inflammatory breast cancer.

Cookie

x

• Hi Cookie

I had very similar symptoms to you and received my results today-no cancer just a large patch of inflammation!

I was terrified I had inflammatory breast cancer and convinced myself that my prognosis was poor etc. Sending you a hug and just letting you know that it can turn out well.

Natalie x

• Morning Natalie, 

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm so pleased that your results have come back and that you just have inflammation. I do hope I receive the same outcome. 

Cookie xx

• Hello cookie,

my symptom seems very similar to yours. What was your outcome of your biopsy? Thanks 

jolly

xx

• Hi Jollie, 

So sorry to hear you are going through something that sounds like I had. 

I do hope it is the same as me as it was not Cancer and it was a cycst that had burst. I still haev markings and a lump even today but it is slowly going. 

Wishing you all the best for Christmas and I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it is positive news. 

Cookie

x

• Thank you for your response! 

the mark is still there and it's not going away but it's not changing in its appearance. I do have pain around the breast that sometimes goes through to my back. I get occasional shooting pains and just some regular pain but the pain isn't terrible - people keep telling me it's because I keep touching them and thinking about it it 1 which is why it hurts.

im trying to enjoy my holiday and not think about it but sometimes it's really hard.

thanks again and have a lovely holiday :)