Breast biopsy

I recently had a breast biopsy and my follow up results appointment is back at the hospital on Monday. They said I may not be called back so does this mean I may have cancer? Do3s anyone have experience of being called back and was it immediately after they reviewed your results? The consultant met today and reviewed mine... I'm not worried I just hate this waiting game.

• Hello, when I had my biopsy it took 2 weeks for the results to come back, I was told an appointment will come through either by post or telephone to come in and discuss the results. Surely you would need to go in to chat about the findings? Even if ( fingers crossed) it's benign? I suppose the protocol can vary depending what area your in...

Ah....yes...the waiting, probably the worse part of all this....it screws the head up a wee bit....

I hope everything turns out well....xx

• It does mess with your head and thanks for your reply. I'm trying to read through the lines I guess. I hate the fact my results are back but I have to wait until my appointment on Monday to find out. I'm trying to second guess the outcome it's driving me insane... I just want to know. Many thanks again and hope you got negative results xx

• Hi, sadly I was diagnosed with breast cancer just a few days before Christmas. And all the waiting In between tests, surgery, pathology etc is truly the worse bit. Funnily enough I didn't know how strong I was until now, it's defo changed me, I certainly don't sweat the small stuff anymore! And there has been so much support on here...

if you get a chance let us know how you get on? Fingers crossed for you....xx

• Oh gosh Marlyn I'm so sorry and just before Christmas too. I hope things are progressing in the right direction for you and yes, you are an incredibly strong woman and to offer your support so soon after your diagnosis I admire that strength. I'll definitely let you know on Monday my outcome. Thank you again and I have everything crossed for you too. Xx

• Hi Marlyn...

Thought I'd update you as you had kindly asked me to let you know my results. Unfortunately, I did not get the good news I was waiting for and it is breast cancer. I have had a bit if a cry initially when they told me but I'm ok for now. Its H2ER which means it's the most treatable and common breast cancer and isn't aggressive. I'm still in a state of shock and haven't read through everything yet but will try to get my head around it tomorrow. My lumpectomy op is Feb 14th and will have a radioactive dye the day before to check My lymph glands/nodes but they don't think it's spread just to rule it out. Its a tiny 13mm so my chances are really really good they say to remove it then radiotherapy with possible chemo but will see what they find at each stage and take it from there. I hope your path is going in the right direction for you and your are getting well. I'm sure we will speak again very soon but take care and thanks for listening. Linda xxxx

• Hello,

i am so sorry to read this. It's a massive shock to the system isn't it?  More like an out of the body experience....the lumpectomy is more than fine, it will probably be day surgery, you will just need to take it easy for a bit.

I had the news today that I will be needing chemotherapy, I will know more next wed at my oncologist appointment....so I am also in bits....have cried a river today , given myself a huge headache and ugly red face.....oh the joys!!! But we can do this! We will kick cancers backside good and proper.....thanks for the update, come on girlie xxxx

• Aww blimey cancer is one mean nasty *** isn't she. Marlyn I wish you all the good wishes in the world and im so sorry you have to go through chemo and all the emotions that this is bringing to you but be strong you've been through so much already and you (& me) can beat this, I know we can I am a firm believer in positivity breeds positivity. You are so right about the outer body experience, total tunnel vision, like a dream or a film you are watching about somebody else. Very surreal. Let's stay in touch hun I already feel like I cant get through this without talking and catching up with you. I hope I can help and support you too xxx

• I will send you a friend request....it's so good having support on here. With people who know how overwhelming it can be......I honest thought I was having an outer body experience when the nurse phoned! 

But you right about being positive. I cope better with my dark sense of humour......I know beyond a doubt we can do this....let's show that sick twisted cancer what we're made of xxxxx