Breast

Just had a hospital appointment where they have said that my right breast has calcifications with what looks like pre cancerous cells.  Had all the biopsies done yesterday in a total haze, now I have to wait for results which can be about7/8 days.  Initially I think I'm going to die thats whats going on in my head, not sure of what they can do,although I know when I asked in a blur they said maybe surgery or whatever wait and see.  Easier said than done.  I felt great before I went for the recall of my first mammogram, now I'm left wondering what is up?

• Hi there

just saw your post as I'm unable to sleep and stops me from googling!!  I'm no expert but I know exactly how you feel. I am about four weeks further on in the process than you.  From what I understand calfications show up on mammogram.  They can be benign or show changes in cells that may mean cells are changing.  I was recalled after my first mammo due to microcalcifications.  I have what they call DCIS.   The waiting is the worst part,every step seems to take ages, and I have had and still have all the same fears and thoughts, but if there is anything, and there may not be, if it's been found by calification they told me this is the earliest they can find anything.  I was told to try and keep busy, take my mind of things, as you say easier said than done.    I hope this helps a little and wishing you good results.

• i had a routine call back after mamorgram and had ultra sound and biopsy that day results a week later that was on 26/4 was found to be invasive lobular breast cancer this was followed up by m.r.i. to show the full size of tumar it all went very quickly i had a lumpectomy and seninel node biopsy on 25/.5now 4 days later feeling good had none of the side affects they warned me about so far it is a worrying waiting time but everyone i saw were amazing dressings being ghanged tomorrow so will see the incitions.

• Hi everyone, Diagnosed on the 31st of August 2016, after a routine mammogram, done wcnb, and confirmed it was cancer.Had a lumpectomy on 9th September and felt great that it was out, with no real problems after surgery, follow up told me very early cancer only 15mm, no lymph node involvement, but it is not receptive to either her2 or Er, so tablets will not be beneficial, and i need Rejuvenate chemo, i am terrified, got my oncologist appointment tomorrow 9.30am, I have the same thoughts as another member i have read that i am going to die, i am 52 yrs old.....
  • Hi..iv just found out from a call back mammagram that i have signs in both my breasts and lymph nodes..im terrified and the wait for the biopsy results this friday feels like years away..i didnt have any signs so its a complete shock..im going through every emotion you can imagine..im ment to be getting married in january but not sure if we will be able to go ahead..feel like my world as fell apart..