Brain tumors

Hi ... My girlfriend have been diagnosed with stage 3 brainstem tumor . she is curently still at home and me and her aon are taking care of her .. She started to have nose bleed and also blood coming out of her ears ... We know the prognostics arent good for the type of tumlrs she has ... Anybody can tell me what cause the bleeding or if theres anything we can do to help release some of the pressure up there ? She doesnt want to die in an hospital . she seem in pain but wont admit it ..  She is the toughest women ive ever met in my life .. Please sone advise would ve great 

• Hi there.  I am afraid I cannot answer your specific question but I noticed nobody had responded yet and didn't want you to think nobody cared.  I am guessing that other people are in the same situation as myself.  I even looked up the symptoms you described but couldn't find anything linking them to a brain cell tumour but as I say I am not the most appropriate person to be looking for medical advice for you!  Are you getting any help from for instance MacMillan; if not it is certainly worth giving them a ring.  I have heard and seen so many good accounts of them in your type of situation that it is worth a try and they could certainly give you good advice as well as caring.  Look after yourself as well as your girlfriend.

• Welcome to our forum, Maximephilippe, although I'm sorry for the reason that brings you here.

As you asked for tips on how to help your girlfriend I thought I might share this page from our website with information on living with brain tumours.

Also, you might want to consider calling our cancer nurses on Monday to ask if they can offer you a few suggestions. They're available on this phone number 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes to you and your girlfriend,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator