brain cancer

Hi, I'm Lisa.  Diagnosed with a mixed glioma in June 2017, seizure was first sign.  Had surgery in August to remove tumor.  After biopsy, Doctor says it's barely a grade 3, so it's slow growing.  I have healed up from the craniotomy and ready to go back to work.   Dr wants me to meet with 2 medical oncologists, one for radiation, one for low dose chemo, part of a new trial. I'm unsure of what I want to do at this point.  Also meeting with a nutitionalist to guide me with nutrition, I want to stay healthy.  Just came across this forum and wondering who may be going through something similar.

•  

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to cancer chat, although I'm sorry for the reason that you find yourself here. I am glad to hear that your surgery seems to have gone well. I hope that you can soon iron out the dilemma over treatment.

There are a number of people here who have brain tumours. If you use the search engine on the blue bar at the top of this page and enter 'brain cancer/tumour' it will bring up previous posts on this subject. I'm sure that you will find it helpful to read through some of these.

Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you need to before you reach a decision on treatment.

Do please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on. We are always here for you whenever you feel like talking.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx