Bowel cancer...?

Hi all. I’m trying SO hard not to think the worst but it’s getting harder not to.

It’s hard for me to make a post like this so please bear with me.

I’ve been passing big blood clots (50 pence piece size) every time I do a number 2 for about the last 6 months. And bleeding too. Unfortunately I've been diagnosed with agoraphobia which is why it took me so long to get out to the doctors.

I’ve been going number 2’s 3 times a day for the same amount of time too whereas before I would go once every other day. I’m constantly tired & I have pain all around my lower back & lower stomach. The doc has referred me to the department at the hospital that does endoscopys although the appointment isn’t until September.

I also have symptoms of endometriosis so I have a gynaecology appointment too.

Has anyone else experienced any of these symptoms..? 

Thank you xx

• Hi Kelbelle. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with some health problems for the last 6 months. It can't have been easy getting out to see the Dr so well done for doing that. It's the first step in the process for getting to the cause of these problems. 

There are lots of reasons that could be causing your symptoms and until you've had those tests it would be impossible for anyone to say with certainty what is causing them.

As your appointment isn't until September I'm presuming that your GP hasn't referred you to be seen urgently. Although it will prolong the "not knowing" look at it as a positive point. I'm sure that your GP would have referred you urgently if they felt it was necessary. 

I hope that between your GP and your hospital appointments they are able to get this sorted for you soon. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator