Bowel cancer

Hi 

I'm new to the forum but not cancer. I had rectal cancer and a LAR ilieostomy for thirteen months reversed and now bowel training 

I've been called back suspected SCLC and have a navigational bronchoscopy on Friday. 
I'm feeling overwhelmed sometimes but still look a life positively 

• Hello Artsie,

I noticed you haven't had a reply just yet so I just wanted to offer you a very warm welcome to the Cancer Chat community as well as some reassurance that your post has been.

I hope your recovery from your reversal is going well, as well as the bowel training, although I'm sorry to hear that you might now be contending with a diagnosis of SCLC.

You must have a lot going through your mind right now but I hope it helps to know that we are here for you and wishing you all the best for tomorrow. 

If you have any questions before/after your navigational bronchoscopy, or would just like to talk things through with someone, you can get in touch with our team of cancer nurses on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m.

We're thinking of you Artsie and will have our fingers crossed the results of your bronchoscopy bring good news.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi

I am awaiting a colonoscopy just now after a positive FIT and being aneamic.

I am glad to read that HAD rectal cancer which I assume means you are in remission. I like positive stoires. Good luck for your testing and I hope it is a positive outcome.

• Hi there

So far so good with the bowel the scan was clear for Bowel but lungs showed a concern it's not from the bowel it's another primary luckily the bowel screening picked it up otherwise I wouldn't know 

So hopefully it's early days and they can treat it. 

Good luck with your colonoscopy. Many are not cancer my hubby had IBS, polyps and then diverticulitis his Fit sent him but thankfully he was clear 

• Thanks Steph 

I am getting on in years so it's no surprise really. Plus an ex smoker so I'm paying for my past 

I've had amazing support from my Colorectal team my surgeon is fantastic. The Respiratory team seem well organised so I'm in very good hands