Bleeding after menopause .

Despite having a hysteroscopy and a colonoscopy last October which only revealed a fibroid and divticulitis and the biopsy couldn't be tested because the womb lining was so thin the sample wasn't big enough so they just left it ,today I have had a bleed dispite having been through tjhe menopause ,should I get checked out after just one bleed or wait to see how I go ,Thanks .

• My wife is going through something similar, but not the same. She is on tamoxifen and had a bleed. One of the questions we asked was, "if everything comes back fine, how long do these current round of tests remain relevant?". We were told by two different consultants 6 months. If new bleeding occurs within the 6 months from testing, she doesn't require attention or further tests. But to touch base with her gp.  If it happens after that 6 months, back to stage one as far as the testing goes.

So with that in mind, I would go back and see what they say.

• I'm in a similar position. 

Apparently my womb lining is thin but he still took a biopsy. 

The previous doctor 3 weeks before him said it was thick!!!

• My friend recently had a slight bleed probably only taken seriously as she's a nurse saw the gynaecologist she worked with the following week. After the usual tests it was confirmed overian cancer after a full hysterectomy she's clear. 
    please get a referral to gynaecology so you can get checked out. 
    We can't be to careful you would follow up a breast lump. 
    l hope everything is o.k 

Susie

• Thank you Suzie its always worrying when you see something you didn't expect ,when I went to hospital in October it was for suspected Ovarian cancer but nothing was found then after all the tests ,it kind of makes you think did they miss anything so here we go again .

• I have had complex overian cysts found during a colonoscopy, after referral to gynaecology oncology clinic and scans they were swiftly removed. Fortunately benign but the wait was worrying. After my friend finding cancer from a tiny bleed l advise anyone to be seen. 
    Better to be told there's nothing than to worry

susie

• Thank You for your Reply but they will probably say you had tests last October and everything was ok ,but when I went for tests last year I had never bled before since the menopause ,this is something new so I hope they take it seriously .

• I only had a tiny bit of bloody discharge but was in A&E due to extreme pain in my back and stomach. I was sent for a ct as they thought it was appendicitis. They saw a mass on my uterus and sent me straight to the Gynae ward. It turned out that I had leiomyosarcoma and had a total hysterectomy four weeks later. See your gp as any post menopause bleeding is not right. 

• Thanks for replying I had an internal ultrasound last October and an hysteroscopy and a colonoscopy and they said there was nothing nasty to be seen but now this has happened it makes you wonder if they missed something its worrying ,it must have been a total shock for you as well you never know what's round the corner .

• Hello

As it has been a while since you last saw someone and this is a new episode of bleeding, I think you should talk to your doctor about it.  It may be nothing to be concerned about but it is always sensible to get new things checked out.

Take care

Martin 

• Thank you and I agree so I've already made an appointment with the nurse ,I thought it could maybe be  from when I had the hysteroscopy last October but I don't think after all this time it would start bleeding again although I'm not sure ,I think I was just hoping it could be that because before the hysteroscopy I hadn't bled in over 10 years ,I hope its nothing else to worry about .