Bladder cancer treatment

Had a check cystoscopy yesterday following six BCG treatments after two TURBT ops and they found two red patches.

Clearly I'm worried silly but also aware that the BCG could have caused the irritation -anyone any experience

Thanks in advance

• Hello Rugbyknocker

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so worried after your check up yesterday. I think it's perfectly natural to feel this way and I'm sure that lots of our members here will understand that as well. 

As you've mentioned, you've been through quite a treatment regime and it could be that that is responsible for the patches that were noted on your examination. What's the next step for you now? 
    I know we've some members here on the forum who have been through treatment for bladder cancer and hopefully they'll pop along to share their experiences with you but I wonder if you might also find it helpful to talk things through with one of our nurses. I'm sure they will be able to offer some advice and support. If you'd like to speak to them they are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on 0808 800 4040. 

I hope you have some news soon. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator