Bladder cancer symptoms

Hi, I was wondering what your symptoms of bladder cancer were which led you to go to the gp. 
I had gross haematura two weeks ago, and again today. On the first instance I went to my gp who prescribed antibiotics. This showed no infection. On repeat urine test a week later I had microscopic haematura. I am40, an ex smoker. My gp send a fast-track referral to urology for further investigation that day. The next day I got a call from the hospital advising me I would need a ct scan and a cystoscopy and it was really important I attend both as they were looking for cancer. 
I had my ct scan yesterday, I have received a letter today asking me to go for an ultrasound next week. My cystoscopy is in two weeks. I am worried after what the hospital said. 
I have slight pain in my bladder area, it feels like pressure, and sometime I cannot finish urinating. This, with the gross haematura are the only things suggesting something may be wrong. 
What were your symptoms? 

• Hi CrochetQueen. Welcome to the forum.

I was treated for early stage prostate cancer 10 years ago when I was 56.  I had surgery and no further treatment. I also have a history of recurrent infections in my testicles - it's called epididymitis (which is a tongue twister of a name). I had a testicular ultrasound in 2018 which found nothing wrong. 

Last Easter (2019) I passed blood in my urine. I immediately went to my GP practice and was given a two week referral.  At the hospital, I was informed I'd need a CT scan and cystoscopy.  If I hadn't had the prior cancer then I'd also have a prostate check, but obviously there was no point in even trying to do that. I was also told that in 8 out of 10 cases, they never find any reason for the blood - but at least they've ruled out cancer.  There was no mention of an ultrasound. 

My CT scan actually found a minor aneurysm with the arteries to one kidney, which is interesting but not significant.  I recently had another CT scan (one year after the first) and this showed the aneurysm is stable and needs no intervention.  

The cystoscopy, however, found a very small cancer growing inside the bladder.  It was tiny, and actually looked quite pretty - rather like a plant growing in a fish tank.  My immediate question was is this curable and I was reassured that it was.  Six weeks later I had a TURBT operation which the surgeon reassured me went well.  I had a follow up cystoscopy four months later which was clear.  I have an appointment for another cystoscopy next month (October) so fingers crossed that's clear, too.

My only symptom was the single event passing blood, with no other symptoms.  Mind you, with my prostate removed, urination is a lot easier for me than it is for many men in their mid-60s. 

Good luck with your cystoscopy.  Please let us know how you get on.

• Hi mate.

Welcome to the forum.

Did you out what was wrong in the end?