Bladder cancer??

Hi I am awaiting for a urgent referral to urologist. It started about 3 weeks ago I went to A&E as I had kidney pain they sent me home and told me to speak to my go as I have blood in my urine. Then the pain suddenly went from my kidney to my bladder and the pain has been there ever since I'm living off painkillers. For the last year my urine has had blood in it but no infection. Every week I was back at the doctors as the pain is really bad. I have lost a stone within a week. I'm so tired I sleep from 6pm until 6-7 the next morning only waking up to go to toilet a few times a night, and I'm still tired. I'm also being sick once a day but nothing comes up it's either dry retching or bile. I have a gut feeling it's cancer I don't know why.

• Hello Bubs

I had I had Bladder Cancer, like my Father before me.

I am female, and the only symptom I had was one episode of weeing blood.

On the other hand, my Father had months of urgency to wee, then some blood in each wee.

His diagnosis was complicated by the fact he had Prostate Cancer as well at the same time but wasn't aware of either.

In neither of our cases did we lose weight, nor suffer any noticeable pain before diagnosis.

It was just the bloody urine that was unusual.

If it IS Bladder Cancer, then don't be too alarmed. Of course, there are different types, grades, and stages, but in a good percentage of cases, a good recovery can be made.

I am awaiting my 5 year all clear check-up.

Whether it is Cancer or not, you will surprise yourself at how you will cope with it.

I joined a great group on Facebook, who were a huge support to me, and made me realise: how common it is, and, that life goes on post diagnosis.

I hope you get your results soon.