Bladder cancer

Hi I've just joined, I recently had blood in my urine, it was very uncomfortable and painful when urinating went to the doctor said maybe it's a water infection but I'm also loosing a lot of watery discharge is that one of the symptoms of bladder cancer, they prescribed me antibiotics which didn't work also sent a sample of my urine off, my results came back saying it wasn't a water infection so now have been reffered to be checked out for bladder cancer 

• Welcome to Cancer Chat 123jane

It sounds like you have had quite a difficult time recently and it must have been uncomfortable for you on a daily basis and I hope you find out soon what has been causing these unpleasant symptoms.

We have information on our website about bladder cancer symptoms which you can find here  but try not to worry or even read too much about it or anticipate what it might be while you are waiting for tests and results. I am sorry to hear the antibiotics didn't work and that it wasn't an infection. Hopefully it won't be long now before you have your appointment and all the necessary investigations. It can be really stressful to wait and the uncertainty you are having to live with at the moment, and I hope you'll soon hear from someone who has been in a similar situation before and that this forum will bring you some comfort while awaiting results.

I know it is super hard but try to focus on other things over the weekend and coming days and keep busy and distracted to help pass the time as often it can feel like time is on a standstill during what often feels like an interminable wait. Do let us know what you find out if you get a minute. We'll be thinking of you.

Best wishes,

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator