Biopsy results

hi my 12yr old daughter had a routine orthodontist appointment on 12/3 they phoned  me on the 14/3 as there was a shadow in her gum said she would get an appointment With oral surgeon and radiologist hospital phoned 15/3 and had to take her in on 19/3 our appointment lasted 3/12 hours they sent her for ct scan kept us until results came back it was a lot bigger on the 3D scan so she was to go for a biopsy this was done on 2/4 and was told it would be marked urgent she had to go back 2days later as had an infection her face was a mess she got 2 different antibiotics we went today for results told still not in pathology has sent to paediatric pathology been given another appointment Monday and told they will phone Friday if we’ve still to have this appointment anyone any ideas why I’m so worried 

• Hi Kazza-15,

I'm sorry to read about the difficulties you and your daughter have been going through. Unfortunately I can't advise on your question. I know you posted a couple of days ago now and so there is less time to wait for you to find some answers - whether this is tomorrow or on Monday. Try to minimise your worry in the meantime - by doing things that are positive and distracting. I know this can be easier said than done.

If you'd like to discuss any concerns with our nurses, you can reach them on 0808 800 4040 (Monday-Friday, 9-5), and they're always happy to help.

Wishing you both all the very best.

Ben

Cancer Chat Moderator