Biopsy results

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone has experienced delays getting results of biopsy, I had a vacuum assisted breast biopsy on 15 September and I still haven't heard anything, made 3 phone calls about it on Wednesday to GP and 2 different hospitals trying to get information and nobody can even tell me if pathology on the biopsy has been done! Because only 2 hospitals in Scotland do these types of biopsy I had to travel to have it done so was told biopsies would need to be sent to another lab for pathology in my local area so I'm now scared these have been lost or something because it's taking so long, when I spoke to radiology dept in  hospital I had the biopsy done they wouldn't tell me anything. I just couldn't go through that procedure again so I'm so scared right now. Has anyone else experienced delays like this?  Sorry for the long post, just kinda freaking out now. Thanks.

Maggie 

• Hello Maggie, 

I hope that you will find out more soon about these delays in getting your biopsy results. You did well to phone the hospital but it's a shame that they were not able to tell you more about this. Perhaps you could get in touch with your doctor's surgery too and see whether they might help you chase these results? 

I hope that you will hear from some of our members who have experienced similar delays and that they will be along shortly to share their story with you. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi Lucie,

Thanks for your reply, I did contact my GP surgery last week, unfortunately they weren't able to tell me anything, everyone just keeps saying I need to contact my consultant which is easier said than done! Lol. I'll phone hospital where she works again this week if I don't hear anything, this time I'm just going to be a lot more persistant, I understand everyone is under major pressure in the NHS right now but when you're waiting for a potential cancer diagnosis you need to know.

Maggie    x