Biopsy Results

Hello

Just wondered how long on average people are waiting for a biopsy result on a suspected fibroadenoma. I am on day 7, and the waiting has literally paused everything. I phoned the hospital this morning, and all she would tell me is that no appointment has been made for me yet.

Many Thanks

• Hello there and thanks for posting

Waiting for test results is never easy so I am sorry you find yourself in this position. It isn't unusual to have to wait a couple of weeks for biopsy results so try and sit tight for now.

Try not to over think things for now, it is good that they suspect this to be a fibroadenoma that are benign (not cancer) and don't usually cause any problems. They have taken the biopsy to be extra cautious but hopefully everything will be ok.

Give it another week and if you still haven't heard give the unit another call.

I hope you know more soon but in the meantime do try and distract your thoughts and mind to other things and keep yourself busy as this really can help.

Get back in touch if you have further questions and you are also welcome to call the nurse helpline on 0808 800 4040, Monday- Friday 9-5.

All the best

Naomi