Bile duct cancer

My dad has been diagnosed with bile duct cancer and is currently in hospital awaiting a stent being fitted.  It was supposed to be last week but unable to do it as had to put a drain on to drain bile. He’s today had a chest X-ray for suspected pneumonia but that came back fine. He’s apparently told my brother he knows he’s dying and won’t get out of hospital, where all his life insurance policy documents are etc but I spoke to the nurse and she said he should be home by Friday if the stent gets fitted ok. I know there’s no miracle cure but at the risk of sounding selfishI’m not ready for him to leave us yet. 

• Hi there sparky .. well I'm a breast cancer lady ... and a grade 3 and when l was told, convinced myself l wouldn't come out of my operation... for lots of reasons ... l wrote all my loved ones letters and even planned my own funeral ... got all my affairs in order .. l was so lucky, everyone listened to me .. no one said I was being silly ... so when l went into my op l felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders .. everything was in place, l could then concentrate on me ... l think that helped me feel strong ... 

And yes l did come out of the op , and I've had a few blips along the way .. but here l am 10 months down the line now, and just had an appointment with oncologist .. I'm fine, and he'll see me in 6 months time ..

So those letters and plans are all put away safely ... so if you let your dad do what he has to do, to feel at piece with everything he's worried about, he could do the same as me, and come out the other end, knowing you all listened to him ... so take heart ... we just need to know our kids are fine and sorted .. that never leaves us ... so you can do this for him ... hold his hand on this cancer journey of his, by his side .. and you will help him more then you'll ever know ... big hug Chrissie