best cancer treatment for stage 4 cancer

good morning, what  is the best cancer treatment center for stage4 cancer that spread to liver and stomach

• Hi Sania, Where did the cancer start? This will define what sort of cancer it is, and we will be better able to answer your question.

• Hi sania. Welcome to the forum.

I should start out by saying that apart from the nurses, we're not medically qualified. However, from our experiences, some of us have picked up specific and general knowledge of the types of cancer that have affected us or our families.  None of this should ever be interpreted as medical advice.

Regarding your specific question, the answer depends on the place where the cancer first started. This is sometimes called the primary tumour. So, breast cancer that has spread would be treated differently from say lung cancer that has spread.

Since you don't state where the cancer started, you ask a question that no one can answer. However, I must warn you that any stage 4 cancer (stage 4 means that it has spread) is never good news and often treatment can do nothing more than delay the inevitable whilst making the patient's remaining time more comfortable.  In the most general terms, treatments may include radiotherapy (using X-rays) , chemotherapy (using specific anti-cancer drugs) and sometimes surgery. 

I'll also take the opportunity to mention that there are NO alternative therapies that can treat stage 4 cancer successfully, despite numerous quack claims for cannabis, hemp oil, apricot pits, etc.  However, some patients do find certain complimentary therapies useful, such as acupuncture, alongside their conventional treatment, but these are supportive therapies, not cures. 

• Hi Sania and welcome to the forum.

I can see that you're based overseas so I just wanted to let you know that we have an area on our website where you can find cancer organisations and charities in your your country. Do have a look when you get a chance as it may be able to help you find what you're looking for. 

I hope this helps.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator