Beat Cervical Cancer at 24 and now I'm in Women' Health MAG!

Hi Everyone! My name is Georgina Hannay and i have just hit my 5 year all clear mark, I was disgnosed with Cervical Cabcer when i was 24, through numerous surgeries i was given the all clear and left unsure if i could have a family with barely any cervix left. Against all odds i managed to get pregnant and with a cervical stitch and spent 7 months of my pregnancy on bed rest. I managed to carry my daughter to term and now she is here and she is almost three. I have made huge changes to my lifestyle and i now blog for women all over the world with home fitness, fitnes tips, healthy recipes and info.

Three days ago it was announced that i have made it in to the top 5 finalists for Women's Health Magazine Body of the Year qwhere i have been given the chance to share my journey! Please click the link to read the full story. We will also be on the front of the magazine which comes out on the 3rd September! This is such an exciting turn of events and i feel so so lucky to have gotten through all this beaten Cancer and now be gunning to win the final of Women's Health 'The Body'! Who Knew. Would love to hear from all of you about your journey!

http://www.womenshealthmag.co.uk/magazine/the-body/3656/meet-the-body-finalist-georgina-hannay/

Georgie xxx

• Hi Georgina,

Thank you for sharing your inspirational story! We loved reading it and we wish you the best of luck. 7 months on bed rest! That must have been so difficult but worth it in the end. You can be proud of having both beaten cancer and of now being one of the finalists for Women's Health Magazine. We hope you win!

Keep us updated on where this new adventure takes you ;)

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator