Bcg treatment

Hi all I was diagnosed with grade 3 non invasive bladder cancer in Sept 2020 I had a turbo and a shot of chemo in November 2020 then it returned in July 2021 I had another turbo in August 2021 then started bcg treatment in September 2021 the first six where not too bad then I HD 3 maintenance shots in January 2022 the 8th shot I could only hold for 1 hour and 45 mins 9th shot ok 10 & 11 OK 12 could only hold for 1 hour & 40 mins like everybody it is uncomfortable and sore and wee a lot but i seem to be ok compared to some of you hopefully I will stay like that I would like to ask some people say they lay down after treatment and lay on there back their front and sides so the treatment goes all around their bladder I have not been told to do this is this people's choice or are they instructed to do this ?

• Hello Twitters and a big welcome to Cancer Chat, 

I hope that you will hear from the experiences of others here who have had BCG treatment and that they will tell you more about how it was for them. There is information on our website on BCG and how you have it into the bladder and I also found this thread by [@Eddie]‍ who shared his experience and tips coping with BCG so it coud be a good person for you to connect with. 

Our nurses may also be able to tell you more about this so feel free to give them a call and ask them any questions you may have on BCG treatment by getting in touch with them on this free number 0808 800 4040 - their line is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi Twitters, I've had 15 BCGs, I would come home and lay on the bed for the two hours turning over, on my side, legs in the air anything to move the stiff around my bladder, as soon as I stood up it was a mad dash to the toilet when gravity took over. That was 10 years ago, I think now they don't tell you to move around and even some say 1hr is enough now ? I only had 15 BCGs as there was a world shortage so couldn't get it but even so I'm still clear. 6 monthly cystoscope and think next month it'll go to a yearly. Grade 3. Pta . Good luck 

• I have just had my first today and your post gives me great hope, thankyou for sharing x

• Glad I could help. I hope they all go smoothly. I’m still clear and have another checkup in November, I think that’ll be the last if things stay the same. Good luck x

• Thanks SueCC , the very best of luck to you with your November check up. One down for me , so far so good . Much love to you x