Awaiting results

So after a gush of abnormal bleeding 2 days ago and history of precancerous cells, went to gp today. I was back to smears every 2 years after loop diathermy. Last smear test in 2017 was negative. Now bleeding after intercourse and in between periods. On examination today doc said cervix was red and bleeding and referred me to gynaecologist for further examinations. So worried. Especially as cervix was clearly not great under normal examination from doc. 41 years old, married with 2 young boys. Actually, terrified. Anyone out there in similar position or been through this in same way? Please help. 

• Hi Becksteroo.

I'm sorry for the reason you're joining us but I'm glad you have as there have been many posts by members with similar symptoms on the forum before which you can find and join in on by using the 'search forum' option in the blue bar above.

I know it's hard not to worry but if you can, try not to let your mind run away from you or jump to any worse case scenarios until you've seen the gynaecologist.

Wishing you all the best with your referral when the time comes Becksteroo.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator