Awaiting results.

Hi, 

New to the forum.

Ive been a regular visitor to this very informative site and to be honest it's helped me greatly.

I'm a 62 year old male who realised I had a lump on my neck nearly two months ago.

Since then two ultrasounds, one only yesterday followed by a biopsy.

I'll find out result on that on the 19th July also waiting for MRI scan appointment in the next two weeks.

If it wasn't for this site and McMillans chat forums I would be a lot less positive.

Of course, I found these on Google as you do and haven't wandered to other sites.

Like most of you I'm concerned and going through all of the same emotions that we go through in this situation. However, as previously stated I'm very positive as a result of this site and also help from the moderators.

So to those like me awaiting your results try and be positive and of course that might change (for me too)

Ill keep the forum updated because it is a help to me to read other peoples stories and hopefully I may help other people in return.

Tom

• Hello Tom

I'm sorry to hear that you're currently in limbo waiting for biopsy results. But I am really glad that you've found Cancer Chat and that it's helped you stay so positive during this difficult period of uncertainty. 

I wanted to just let you know that if you want to chat things through with our nruses at any point you're most welcome to give them a call. I know they will be happy to offer any advice, information, and support that they can. They're available Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm on 0808 800 4040. 

The 19th isn't too far away now and hopefully, the Consultant will be able to give you some positive news. Keep in touch Tom and let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator 

• Thanks for your reply Jenn and being here for all of us.

Yes not to far till the 19th but in Cornwall for a week at the moment so my mind is occupied.

I can assure you that I'll ring when ever I feel it is needed, I no doubt it will. 

Again thanks for your help and reply. Tom

• I have reported here on another discussion were I'm up to but I'll recap.

It started with a neck lump on the left side.

I've had two ultrasounds latest one with a biopsy a ct scan and a MRI.

I was informed by the consultant that I had squamous cell carcinoma of the throat and a further biopsy was needed.

This happened on Monday and the procedure was that the left hand tonsil removed, a biopsy performed and a camera down my throat under a General Anaesthetic.

On Friday a further MRI scan and next Tuesday I should know what stage the cancer is at. 
    I've already been told by the consultant that I will be having chemo and radiotherapy and they were looking to cure it. I was relieved but nevertheless still concerned at what stage the cancer is at.

Finally, as I've previously stated this forum has helped me come to terms with my diagnosis and my position is positive.

The wait is awful but hang in there because the news might not be as bad as you think.