Awaiting results

My promlems started few months ago.. With a cough that would not go away 2 lots of antibiotics and still no change had chest xray... Results hilar vascular prominence. Went back Dr's told them I now have swollen nodes under my arm pits and my sister previously had thyroid cancer (to which she is now fine). Gp sent me for 2ww lung.. My mind is in over Drive from positive to negative within seconds.. Had Ct Scan today so awaiting results. My question is.. With all this going on I think I am imaging other symptoms like back ache, chest hurts when breathing in, or is it that I've read up on lung cancer symptoms and my mind is in overdrive? 

• Hello Bj72, 

I just wanted to welcome you to our forum. I hope you won't have to wait too long for your results. I can imagine it must be a very stressful time for you while waiting for these important results and it is normal in a case like this for your mind to go into overdrive. 

I know it is really hard but try not to worry too much or anticipate what it might be. The best thing to do to avoid thinking too much about this is to keep busy and distracted if you can and avoid looking things up online. I can imagine it is hard for you to do this at the moment but it will help you feel a little less anxious. If these additional symptoms persist, do mention these to your doctor though.

I hope you will also hear from others here who have been through all this before and that they will be along soon to share their story with you. 

Keeping everything crossed for you that everything turns out fine. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Bj72, from what you have said i could imagine that i had written that. I asked a very similar question last week. While waiting on results of my recent scans etc, i have experienced the same things. Pain under both sides of front ribs and round to the back and in my kidney area,  i'm pretty sure i didn't have these pains before my investigations starte so i am hoping that it is a physcolgical thing but even if these pains are real, then we are at least on that NOT so merry go round now and someone with more knowledge than us (the doctors) can tell us if they are indeed real.

Incidentally, i don't have the pains today but maybe my mind has gone elsewhere today.

Take Care: PJ. x