Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Arm pain

12 Mar 2018 21:19

hi, a year ago I found that I suffer from fibroadenoma (breast mice) which really scares me. I have recently just finished my period. My boob which I suffer from is still quite sore even though I finished on Friday. Is this normal? I also have armpit pains, I’m unsure whether this is normal, there are no lumps in my armpit although recently I keep checking often (probably too much) as I’m quite a worrier and can’t stop worrying about it! 

I’m constantly worrying 

Sad 

Re: Arm pain

13 Mar 2018 09:02 in response to EmilyS97

Hello EmilyS97.  Let  me confess from the start that I had never heard of breast mice and had to look it up to ensure that it wasn't a spelling mistake on your part (sorry!).    So I am not any use but as you have been waiting for a reply - and doubtless worrying all the while - I am suggesting that you repost your enquiry into the Ask the Nurses section.  They will be able to give you an answer and any advice.  Best wishes.  Annie

13 Mar 2018 12:00 in response to EmilyS97

Hi there, I had one of these back in 1999...biopsy and ultrasound confirmed it. Mine was sore and uncomfortable at times too, especially around my period or when I was pregnant, but other than that it didn’t cause me any problems. I did end up having it removed about 5 years later due to changes (where the fibroadenoma was a large cyst cluster had formed so I could feel the edges where before there were no defined edges), so I’d advise you to keep an eye on it, but don’t drive yourself insane worrying about it...I did for ages, but I also drove all my friends and family insane lol! Pick a day once a month and just check it over, and then leave it til the next month. Soon you’ll get so used to it being there and you’ll know it so well, that the worry will fade every time you examine it and it’s still the same.

good luck!

Nikki x

13 Mar 2018 18:24 in response to Niks76

Thank you both so much for the response I really appriciate it! 

I hate being such a worrier  

13 Mar 2018 20:56 in response to EmilyS97

Dear Emily 

of course you will worry. You have little ones to care for and a mums worst worry is not being there for them. Just keep posting here and one of the kind people on here will give you some reassurance. That’s what this is here for. 

Cosmic shake