Anyone else waiting on a 2 week breast referral?

Hi, I’m 39, 2 boys aged 8&5 and very scared. Been referred today with a pea sized hard lump above my nipple. Would love to chat with anyone else going through the same x

• Hi,

I am 37, with 2 girls! I have been referred today too. I have a lump in my right breast and one in my right armpit.

I am terrified, but also trying really hard to be positive. It is going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life!

how are you feeling now? Is there someone in your life to support you?

Becca xx

• Hi Becca, 

yes i am waiting for my 2wr too! 
    i havent stopped crying for days! 
    i have an ridiculously enlarged (at least 2 cup sizes)  painful left breast , with a bruise like mark and the orange peel look ‍♀️ and didnt think there was lumps but dr said she could feel a few i instantly fell apart ! 
    i have a nearly 8 year old and my husbands parents are both fighting aggresive forms of cancer so he is in bits and its hard trying to keep it together when your so anxious yourself! 
    keep your head up though! You got this

• Hi ladies

Yes I have my husband, sister and mum I've told, hope you do too?

Do you have your hospital app Jodie? Xx

• Hi!

It is good you have a good support network. I do as well, I have my mum, my boyfriend and our 2 teenage daughters.  They have been so wonderful so far. 

it is really good to talk to people going through the same thing 

Becca xx

• Hi!

I really feel fo you, it must be awful for the people around us as well. 

it is tiring being positive with your mind racing! At least we can talk on here and feel a little less alone xx

• Hi,

im 51 (30 in my head!) 

had a biopsy on Monday and now have a two week wait for the results.

possibly the longest 2 weeks of my life. Completely consumed and terrified about the whole thing.

stay strong. You/we've got this!

• Ahh i know ! Its the waiting that gets me! 

how are you feeling today? have you had an appointment date yet? 
    my hospital said they are being bombarded with referals right now and even though i will be seen within the 2w i wont get my app date today like they first said , typical haha x 

• Ahh the waiting is horrible! 

Maybe use the two weeks to treat yourself and do nice things to keep your mind off it! X 

dont have to answer if you dont want to but i have really bad anxiety and had a panic attack for my blood test this morning. But i just wondered if the biopsy hurts? X 

• Hey! I'm 29 and I've noticed a lot of changes to my breasts within the last two months , I finally went to the GP a week ago and I've been referred to the breast clinic , I'm still waiting for my appointment . Feel so anxious and scared! Trying to stay positive but it's easier said than done isn't it! X 

• Hi 

Yes I was referred on 9 September 2020 after finding a lump but I've been told by the breast clinic that due to delays with Covid I won't get my appointment until November!  

Ive been surprised that I've managed to mostly carry on as normal up to now but the waiting is getting to me now and I'm wondering whether to go private at this point or stick it out and wait.