Any advice ???

Hi was wondering if anyone can help had my first chemo Wednesday was feeling OK but the last 2 nights no sleep as pain in my knees and ankle's keeping me awake any suggestions can I take paracetamol thanks 

• Hi Bev45

Welcome to Cancer Chat.

Our nurses would be well placed to answer your question. You can call the team free on: 0808 800 4040 from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

I hope you are feeling better today.

There are others here who are going through the same treatment so please come and chat whenever you find it helpful.

Best wishes

Jane

• Hi Bev I had the same problem ok for the first two days then the pain started in my joints specifically knees and ankles. It lasted about 4 days. I did need painkillers. I avoided coffee spicy food and alcohol for a few days before treatment and until the pain went. Also drink plenty of water. If it persists and is too painful tell your doctor and they may be able to reduce the dose. Good luck

• Hi river thank you for the advice not liking the idea of having to  cut back on my 3 favorite things though :-( but will definitely try this before my next session no pain no gain as they say lol  :-) 

Thank you jane never thought about ringing them lack of sleep probably I rang my hospital on sunday as was getting very down and they advised me what to take under control now apart from a little blip tonight