Anxious

Hi just need to share my anxiety. I'm 55 and have Lynch syndrome. I was diagnosed last December with a fibroadenoma following a biopsy. It's growing fairly rapidly. Now I also have a uniductal dark/bloody discharge from the nipple on the same breast. The breast consultant has told me it's nothing to worry about and seeing me again in 4 weeks.

I'm so anxious that the fibroadenoma has been misdiagnosed is that possible? Isn't fibroadenoma weird at 55? Beyond stressed!

Thanks for listening.

• Hello SummerDreamer

I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with some health concerns at the moment. It's understandable that you're concerned about this breast lump and the recent discharge that you've developed. 

You mention that you have another appointment with the Consultant in 4 weeks but I wonder if you might find it helpful to have a chat with one of our team of nurses in the meantime. I'm sure they will be able to give you some support and advice. If you'd like to chat with them they're available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on 0808 800 4040. 

Best wishes, 

Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator