Anxiety

Hi everyone. I had a cough for about 2 to 3 weeks but it is gone now. I called After hours and from what i described them said it was a chest infection. They prescribed me antibiotics and i seemed to be better, a week later the symptoms cameback and i called my GP, they prescribed me stronger antibiotics and now 2 weeks later the symptoms are back, so i called the GP for an appointment and she made a x-ray appointment and blood tests. I am panicking cause i am an ex-smoker, although my cough is gone i am suffering from severe anxiety.

• Hi Nebur and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry that your symptoms have come back but it's good tests are being carried out to find out more. 

I think most of our members have been rather anxious when waiting for tests and results so will know what you're going through at the moment but if you feel your anxiety is getting the better of you do be sure to let you doctor know.

There is lots of useful information and advice about managing anxiety on the Anxiety UK website so it may be worth popping over and having a look when you can.

Fingers crossed everything will be o.k.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator