Angry

Hi my name is Sarah and I am a 44 year old who has just started my train8ng as a doctor. I have worked as a nurse since I was 20 years of age. I have been diagnosed with stage 2b non small cell lung cancer no surgery as I'm severe asthmatic, I have refused chemo and radiotherapy ......but I'm still angry 

• Hi Sarah, I'm not sure what you want to hear from your post.  As a nurse you must surely be aware of how treatments work and whether you need this or not.  I understand you are angry but that's not going to help you, you now need to think logically as a persona and decide what is best for you.  I hope all goes well for you and for the decision you make.  Carol x 

• Hello Sarah,

l can well understand your emotions are running high at the news of your recent diagnosis,it is niether easy or what you want to hear

l would be guessing as to what or why you are angry or where it is directed, but it must be heartbraking having set out on a new positive direction in your life ,to have that snatched away,life can be just so bloody unfair

Equally l would be unsure as to why you have refused chemo/radio,maybe because of your existing health issues,or perhaps because you are concerned by the percieved effects of the treatment.l cannot imagine how difficult it must be for someone who has spent their working life looking and caring for others,to suddenly have the tables so dramatically turned around upon them.

For most people treatment is like stepping into the unknown,and their worry is the uncertainty of what treatment will bring into their life, for a professional like yourself it is the exact opposite and you know what the treatment entails

l wanted to shout at the world when l was diagnosed,and yes l was angry amongst other things, but l was also so riled that this invader had come into my life to snatch away all the things l held dear,that it would not get them without having one hell of a fight.Perhaps you do not see it this way,perhaps the option of fighting it is not open to you,perhaps it is something else.Sorry Sarah ,without knowing your reasons all l can do is share your anger towards this destructive invader of lives,and that seems so very little towards someone who is as much pain as yourself

l am sorry,

David

• Stay strong Sarah im aware of how hard it is to try to live with cancer . Stay strong for those you love and those who love you . Im feeling soo angry so helpless so everything and nothing and nobody understands. you sound like your life plans have been stolen from you and your dreams ruined but maybe not, maybe like me you may find some light through out this dark lonely and scary tunnel and just take the little wins as they come by .

I really hope this helps in some way its ok to be angry but its not ok for anger to take over our short lives

Stay strong Sarah

Thinking of you