Angiomyolipoma

Hi,

I have previously had a massive Angiomyolipoma which resulted in the loss of my kidney. I've recently been diagnosed with another Angiomyolipoma- this time it's inside my kidney. I'm disappointed that I'm not having anyone to talk to. I've literally been told it's grown since the last scan 6 months ago. I've got no follow up appointment and no one has sat down with me to discuss what is next. Can anyone put my mind at ease please and I'm extremely worried. Thank you 

• Welcome to the forum Lucky186 although I'm sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with another Angiomyolipoma and that no one has sat down with you to let you know what will happen next.

This must be very upsetting, and as you mentioned in your post, disappointing as well but I hope it helps to know that our community are here for you and hopefully some of our members who have also had to contend with angiomyolipomas will be along soon to share their experiences and advice.

If you feel it may help to talk things through with one of our cancer nurses, you can give them a call next week on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m. They're very friendly and will do all they can to support you.

We really hope you're able to get some answers and peace of mind soon Lucky.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator