And so to 2019...

Another year has flown by and I think it's fair to say we've all had our fair share of joy and sadness over the past 12 months.

We also know that the start of a new year can bring about many thoughts, feelings and unexpected challenges so whether you want to celebrate or commiserate we are here for you but if you find yourself in urgent need of medical assistance then do get in touch with your local A&E department. For non-urgent medical queries you can contact the NHS on 111 and for those that may need a sympathetic ear the Samaritans are just a phone call away on 116 123.

Whatever you're doing to bring in the start of the new year, we're thinking of you and wish nothing but the best for each and everyone one of you in 2019.

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Thanks Steph, Norman is approaching his two year diagnosis and originally we were given a 7% success rate.  So treatment a is effective in some cases and all I want to say is keep on fighting everyone.  Thanks for the hard work you put into this forum.  Carol  prev Caz07

• Just seen your post and want to say thank you for being there and helping so many people, giving good advice. I was one of the lucky ones who after my lumpectomy got told my tumour was benign but decided to stay on here as made some lovely friends.

On May 11th 3 friends and I are doing the moonwalk 26.2 miles! Just wanting to help raise some money!