All over the place!

Hi there, just need a little support.

i went to my dr as I have been struggling with pain in my upper abdomen- he decided to put me through the CT scanner.  I went back for my results and unfortunately he couldn’t find anything to relate to my pain. However, he found 3 lumps lung liver and breast. Lung is benign, liver, still waiting for results from another mri scan for that, and waiting to go to the one stop clinic at the end of the week.

unfortunately because I’m such I trooper my husband is not giving me any support, my daughter has called me a victim as we don’t know what it is and I’m worrying about the unknown- one minute I think I’m ok, the next is irrational behaviour whee I’m blocking everyone out as I don’t want to burden anyone with my worries.

the other evening I sobbed like a baby for 2 hrs and because my husband didn’t know what to do, he shouted at me in no uncertain terms to SHUT UP!

i am so hurt and feel like I’m alone, maybe I am being crazy? But you can’t get it out of your head?

ive left the family home and gone to stay with my sister in law and brother, because the lack of support in wanting to just talk.

i will go back when I’ve had my results as I’m hoping I will then have more clarity and not be so all over the place emotionally- is this normal?

• Hello!

while I can’t comment on your symptoms,what I can say is you’ve come to the right place. You will get loads of support while waiting. I joined over the weekend and it’s been my saving grace. I’m waiting on a breast clinic appointment after finding a lump. 

The waiting is awful isn’t it. I don’t know about you,but I’ve driven myself crazy! What I’ve learnt the past few days is it’s very natural to be worried and there’s nothing “wrong” with random bouts of crying and worry. 

The members in this group speak from experience and have helped me massively the past few days, I hope you can find the same comfort and support here too. 

Do keep us updated if you can and we are all here for you xxx

• hi there, thank you so much for replying- yes it’s all like a whirlwind sometimes up, sometimes down, this has been one of the longest weeks of my life I think! I’ve started swimming to help my mind and I’m trying to keep busy, still no results today on the liver scan, and counting the hours to the breast investigation, I don’t know what to expect and it’s scary, although I’m very strong, I think it’s because it’s out of my control??? X

• You sound similar to me-known for being a trooper and then when we break down , no one including outselves knows what to do! It’s definatelt fear of the unknown , the not knowing and the “what ifs”. 

The biggest lesson I’ve learnt this week is one day at a time. Get one day out of the way,keep yourself as busy as you can. Do t think about tomorrow until tomorrow and then you’re a day closer to appointment and results. It’s been hard as I usually know what I’m doing well in advance haha.

the members of this group are amazing people and have helped so much this week! 

I go back to work today after a week annual leave which has pretty much been ruined by my right boob commanding so much attention! I’ll be honest I’m dreading it. I’ve told one friend and that’s it. She has suffered from breast cancer and has come out the other end and she too has been amazing. 

I hope you have a good day today and hopefully hear something. Do keep us posted xxxx