ALCL

20 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I had a double mastectomy and reconstruction with silicone implants.  Over the past few months one of the implants has started misbehaving and swelling to twice it's normal size, my breast surgeon who did the original implants all those years ago has been drawing off regular amounts of thick blood stained fluid.  It has now reached the stage that the implant must be removed.  Has anybody else had to deal with this potential lymphoma?  Ir's so rare and statistically this will NOT be the outcome but I would still like to know

•  

Hi LadyBlue,

Welcome from another lady who has had a double mastectomy – 7 years ago in my case. I was unable to have implants due to other previous surgery. I am so sorry to hear of your plight after having had them for all this time.

If you want to know more can I suggest that you go to the search facility situated on the left side of the blue banner at the top of this page. If you insert ‘problem with breast implants’, ‘reconstruction problems’ , or something similar, this will bring up previous posts from people who have had the same problem.

Do please keep in touch and let us know how you get on and remember that we are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• I was diagnosed with BIA ALCL in 2017. There is a wealth of knowledge available at biaalcl.com/.../ 

There is also a great forum on Facebook (members only) which offers information and incredible support for diagnosed women. It’s called “ALCL in women with breast implants”.