Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

We know it’s a worrying time for people with cancer. Please read our information about coronavirus and cancer alongside this page. If you have symptoms of cancer you should still contact your doctor and go to any appointments you have. Spotting cancer early means treatment is more likely to be successful.

Read about coronavirus and cancer

After treatment

14 Aug 2020 08:57

I finished my treatment 8 weeks ago for breast cancer. Have had ops, chemo, radiotherapy and am now on Anastrazole. 2 weeks ago I had a swelling in my armpit on the other side to my masectomy. I was worried that   the cancer had returned in my other breast so immediately saw my GP who referred me to the breast clinic. So glad I went, I had mammogram and Ultrasound and nothing untoward was found. The Consultant Surgeon told me that any worries that I have to go straight to the breast nurses- I don't need to go the GP first-  and I will be seen. I am under an umbrella for 5 years. That is so reassuring! 
Silver 

After treatment

14 Aug 2020 09:18 in response to Silverdays

Hi Silver,

I have just read your post and feel reassured that the system doesn't just "leave you to get on with it" once you have had the operation and original treatment. 

I am due to have a lumpectomy on Monday after having to self isolate for 2 weeks. 

I have a great network of supportive friends, my daughter has put her life on hold to stay with me,  however I still feel very apprehensive and anxious.  I know I am able to call the Breast Care Nurse at any point,  however I know what a heavy workload they deal with daily.

It has helped to be able to write this to someone who has been through similar recently, thank you for that.

After treatment

14 Aug 2020 09:30 in response to Willow41

Yes, I found this site very helpful, if only to have a rant and someone who understands will always reply for support. Wishing you well on Monday, I found the op not too bad, once I'd recovered from the anaesthetic it healed quite quickly. And it's a relief to know that the cancer has been removed, your first stage of recovery. 
Silver