Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Advise please

26 Jul 2019 23:13

Hi I would like some advise. I have secondary bc in the bones, liver and omental layer. The last 2 weeks I keep getting a frog in my throat. I just wondered if anyone new if it has anything to do with my cancer. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.x

Advise please

29 Jul 2019 10:18 in response to Shellbell10

Hi Shellbell10,

Unfortunately I'm not able to advise on your question. It's always best to discuss any medical concerns or questions with your doctor if you can, just for peace of mind.

Alternatively if you'd like to discuss anything with our nurses, you can reach them on 0808 800 4040 - Monday-Friday, 9-5.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
Cancer Chat Moderator

Advise please

29 Jul 2019 10:50 in response to Shellbell10

Hi shellbell only just noticed this one, I've got croaky as well i checked with oncologist to be on safe side he said nothing to do with C, but i had it for a while now but it's not getting any worse, so fingers crossed, best wishes. Billy 

Advise please

29 Jul 2019 18:37 in response to Billygoat

Thanks Billy, it's getting on my nerves now. Constantly clearing my throat and my voice is really croaky. It's worse on a night. I've never had it before. You've put my mind at rest anyway, thank you. Take care Billy.xx

Advise please

29 Jul 2019 18:38 in response to Moderator Ben

Hi thank you anyway.xx

Advise please

29 Jul 2019 18:42 in response to Shellbell10

Have you tried cough med 

Advise please

29 Jul 2019 18:56 in response to Billygoat

No haven't really got a cough just mucus at the back of my throat. Might be worth a try. Thank you Billy.xx

Advise please

29 Jul 2019 19:14 in response to Shellbell10

Remember you can get mucus cough med that's what I take good luck. 

Advise please

29 Jul 2019 19:18 in response to Billygoat

Ok cheers, I'll get some.xx

Advise please

29 Jul 2019 19:40 in response to Shellbell10

Hi Shelley, i wouldn't get a cough medicine if i was you. Coughing is your bodies way of getting rid of the nasties that lurk in the deep, dark depths of our respritory system, you need to cough to get them up but i take tablets to thin the mucus called mucoydne or carbosisteine is the other name, if your doctor can give you them then they should help but try to drink lots of water if you can until you get them as this helps to thin the mucus too and makes it easier to get up. Another way i have found to get it up is i kneel on the bed or floor, head on the floor/mattress and my bum up in the air (not a pretty sight but hey, when you are sick your dignity goes out of the window) basically head lower than chest and that help me too.

PJ x

Advise please

30 Jul 2019 04:18 in response to Puddle-Jumper

That sounds very dignified,, I've found that cough med helps me to bring it up almost being sick but to each there own I hope you get sorted what ever you do,, best wishes

Billy 

P.s i hope no one was watching, Wink

Advise please

30 Jul 2019 22:04 in response to Puddle-Jumper

Hi PJ, thanks for the advise. To be honest I don't have a lot of mucus where I have to spit it out. It's only. Bit but constantly clearing my throat. It doesn't seem to be as bad today, so hopefully it's getting better. Your definitely right about dignity going out the window lol, you just don't care anymore, we have more going on in our lives to be bothered. Thank you.xx

Advise please

30 Jul 2019 22:06 in response to Billygoat

Thanks Billy, I'm hoping it's going, not been to bad today. Best wishes to you.xx

Advise please

30 Jul 2019 23:01 in response to Shellbell10

Hi shelly been a bit close here but not bad does weather bother you much,,not sure what's causing my problems think it's hiatus hernea it can push onto lungs a bit so they don't work right, depends on what I'm doing,, hope yours goes away soon, best wishes.

Billy 

Advise please

31 Jul 2019 20:37 in response to Billygoat

Hi Billy, can't take the hot weather anymore, it kills me. Been to see onc today, she couldn't read my scan results because of the thickening in my omental layer, so will have to wait for those. She has also took me of eribulin said it's not working anymore. Going to start me on paclitaxel, when I get a date in the post. She also said she doesn't think there are any other options for me after this one. (Gutted). Arranging an ultrasound to see how much fluid is in my stomach and drain it out. My stomach is so bloated I look pregnant, that would be easier lol. It's so uncomfortable and painful too. Sorry to hear about your hernia, if it's not one thing it's another, we can't keep anything simple can we. Hope you get sorted soon. Thanks Billy.xx