Advice

Hi 

looking for advice, my mum has been diagnosed with lung cancer 2 weeks ago  awaiting the results of biopsy which she had on Tuesday to see if it has spread, what stage etc, but she really is deteriorating very fast losing weight rapid, not eating feeling sick all the time,and generally 

Looking terrible, I am struggling with this really bad as I know by seeing her it's not a good outcome as in long left, I am going to ring her lung cancer nurse tomorrow for advice and hopefully hurry the biopsy results, I deal with people a lot in my job whom are terminal ill, how the hell am going to cope losing my mum it's  crucifying me thanks for reading.

•  

Hi Skyrock,

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear about your Mum's situation. I have been through this with my Mum who initially started off with breast cancer, which eventually metastasised to her liver, lungs, bone and brain. Mum survived the breast cancer for 11 years, but she deteriorated rapidly in her final year and it was heart-breaking to watch.

Although you are used to dealing with terminally ill people, as was I, it's a totally different situation when your own Mum is terminally ill. You will need to be strong for her. Do you live near to her and is her husband still alive?

Try not to dwell on the fact that you are losing her. Try instead to make some good memories with her. Is she fit enough to go for a drive or to visit friends or relatives?  If not try to make her as comfortable as possible, try to help with housework, ironing, cooking etc. Your Mum will probably feel very tired and will appreciate help with these chores.

It sounds like a good idea to phone her cancer nurse tomorrow and to try to chase up the biopsy. I hope that you are successful with this.

Please keep in touch and let us know how she is getting on.

There is always someone here to talk to whenever you feel the need

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx