Adenocarcinoma

My husband has been diagnosed as above.  The cancer is in his neck and we are told this is a secondary.  He had a scan on Thursday to locate primary.  How long will we have to wait for the results?

• Hi there and welcome... this is one of the hardest things to do on this cancer journey is waiting and every one has different waiting times ... it sends your thoughts into overdrive ... I think I've become so used to it ... I just think I can't change what the results are so I'll get on with today and pustules them thoughts as far away as poss and deal with them as they come up ... but you could always phone your Dr's and see if he can tell you how much longer and maybe they can chacertainly them up...

So sending you careing vibes .. chrisie xx

• We've now had a diagnosis of CUP in the neck with a spread to the  lung and mid-chest area.  My husband has just started chemo this week in the hope of shrinking the tumours and reducing his pain.  Without chemo he was only given 4-6 wks.   What I need to know is when the adenocarcinoma returns (we have been told it will), will it be as agressive as it was this time?   It grew by 1/3 in a 10 day span between oncology appointments.  This is a question I don't feel able to ask in front of my husband.

• Hi there ... so sorry, I can't answer your question but if you phone the free phone on here or mcmillan, they are really good and helped me when I felt confused by stuff I didn't understand ... hope the chemo helps, will keep my fingers crossed ... big hug chrisie xx 

• Hi Avoikto, 

As Chriss has mentioned our cancer nurses may be able to help answer your question and to talk to them you can call for free on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m.

If you have your husband's permission you can also to speak to his medical team about this if you feel uncomfortable discussing it with him at this moment in time.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator