Abnormal smear test

Hi all, i am 37 years old never had a smear test, was in a&e twice around 6 weeks ago after extreme pain in lower abdomen and a burning sensation in left inner thigh i was give amoxicillin and metronidazole and codeine. the metronidazole made me very ill over the week i lost 5kg of weight just from not wanting to eat! Went back to my own doctor and she sent me for a scan on my bladder and kidneys (came back harmless cyst in left kidney) bladder and ovaries were fine in between that scan i had booked and went for my first ever smear test (sexual abuse in foster care left me avoiding them) the nurse that did the smear said it looked fine fast forward to my results being delivered and living in scotland they do not test for hpv (until march 2020) my results say changes that need to be investigated further and nothing else other than i am being sent for a colposcopy the smear test result and colposcopy appointment that i received a few days later were both printed on the same day unsure if that is a normal thing i however have my colposcopy in a few days and i am terrfied that it is cervical cancer as there is not very much information to go on i know they have a lack of history given that it was my first ever smear i am on cerazette so do not have periods though i did bleed slightly from the smear test (there was blood on the brush they use also) i seem to be suffering some breakthrough bleeding now also though not fresh as in its not bright redi may have forgot a single pill in amongst the other pills a&e had given me or doubled up not reaslising i had taken it already, i apologise for the long post i am feeling stressed out and worried that i wont be here to see my children grow or that i have left things to late and the smear results were very vague i just want to know whats going on i lost my younger sister to squamous cell of the bladder 2 years ago and my dad to cancer 2 years before that i am rambling on and i do apolgise and i hope you ladies are doing well any advise or similar experiences i am trying hard to stay away from google need a distraction as not sleeping well either at the moment x

• Hi Sandra,

I am sorry you are going through this right now, I know it is hard. But, you are doing the right thing by getting checked out. That is the first and the biggest step you needed to take on the road to overcome your (justifiable, based on what you've been through) fears.  Try to stay away from google, the information there doesn't pertain to you or your situation.  Take it one day, one appointment at a time.  If it is something, you can start working on what you need to do, if it isn't something, then you can relax.  Knowing is so much better than worrying.  Keep us posted on how you do.

Laura xx

• Thank you laura i will pop by tomorrow after my colposcopy hopefully i will know more i am dreading it and at the same time just want to know either way x

• I had my colposcopy today they said it was high grade changes had the vinegar put in the 4 punch biopsies and they coloured the cells in silver i have upto a 2 week wait for the results as they are rushing them so that i can have treatment in time to heal for my wedding the nurse said it is looking like it will be the loop treatment and will phone me with the results and the appointment x

• Sandra,

Ok, good. One appointment down, on to the next. Try to relax, I know that is difficult. But, when we worry and stress out, our bodies can do some strange things and have gurgles, aches, pains etc.. and make us think something is going on.  Believe me, I know!  Remain positive! You got this! Let me know when  you find out the next appointment. 

Laura xx