A little worried

Hello , I've found a lump that seemed to just appeared . I was jokey with my doctor she seemed very serious which changed my mood , she said it's hard and fixed , on Dr Google bad I know.  Anxiety through the roof keep being told it nothing by everyone , my doc said it could be cancer , I'm 38. Any advice off you lovelys would be appreciated . Thanks 

• Hello Mumtobeauts, 

You've done the right thing to go and see a doctor but try not to pay any attention to the so-called Dr Google who will not tell you anything that will reassure you. Even though your doctor said it could be cancer, try not to anticipate yet what it might be until you get all the results from any tests the doctor may have ordered. It is normal to be anxious at the moment and I hope it won't be long until you find out more. 

Keeping everything crossed for you that everything turns out to be alright, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi Lucie ,

Thankyou for your response. I know your right , silly to Google,  it's a minefield and I'm trying to diagnose the type and shape of lump I have, whether that means nothing to worry about or something else. The ladies have been so lovely on here , especially when they have an  actual battle to fight themselves . So at this stage , I just need to get a grip and stay away from Google.  Can I just ask if it is a cyst or something else that is of no concern , they will know this for definite on the day ? 

Its 8.25 next Wednesday so not long now , I suppose the doctor has to be cautious rather than super positive ehh.

Thanks so much, means a lot . 

• At the moment it could be anything - but the odds are that it will not be serious, because most lumps are not. Where is the lump and what tests have they arranged for you? 

• Hopefully not ,  it's in my right breast on the left hand side , quite deep down about an inch n half from my nipple . They haven't said what tests , think it's a one stop clinic . Just received a letter saying my Gp suspects cancer n that it can be u likely bit they need to carry out any necessary tests , so quite contradictory,  on the other hand the poor gp cant see through skin like scans can , I'm sure its much a do about nothing.  Gunna stay away from Google full stop I think , just panicks us before we even no if its  harmless or not . Also after speaking to lovely ladies on here such as Marlyn and Chrissie, lumps can be different cancerous or not so it's not like one size fits all. Feeling run down so that's probably not helping my thought s , gunna hit the house and put on my big girl pants as advised:). Hoep all is well with u xx

• But the house meant , a deep clean will help declutter the mind xx

• I'm here because my husband has a neck lump, we dont think it's serious (radiologist thought not) but next appointment is not until 28 October. 

Hopefully the radiologist will say something after the scan but they wont say anything unless they are pretty sure. 

On the positive side - google would tell you that if it did turn out to be cancer the survival rate is pretty good and improving all the time.

• Aww I hope your husband is okay and yourself , probably stressed with worry no doubt. It's a long time to wait . Maybe see if you can plan some fun stuff together to try and distract you both or contact  the department and ask to be considered for cancellations . My friend had a lump on her neck they thought was cancerous but it turned out to be a reaction to hair dye. Obviously , it will be a different reason for your husband , but sending love and hope it's a positive reason.  

Yes very true,  these ladies on here are proof of that,  silly I'm sat here thinking I have no life insurance and nothing to leave to my kids and my hubby , and wondering if I can get it now I've found a lump . Statistics say 9 out of 10 referrals are not the big C  so fretting for no reason probably,  but I'm a born worrier and worry about daft things every day,  so dont need encouragement!  Hope all goes well , and if your hubby had other symptoms,  check in at care and urgent needs,  you may get answers quicker,  xxx